Imerys Minerals Limited
Health and Safety Policy Statement
Imerys Minerals Ltd (IML) believes that high standards of Health and Safety performance are essential throughout all of its operations. Imerys Minerals Ltd is committed to a strategy of co-operation, continuous development and improvement in Health and Safety management.
Through this Policy Statement, we will:
- As a minimum, comply with applicable Health and Safety legislation, HSE Guidance and Imerys Corporate requirements.
- Maintain clear, understandable Policies on key Health and Safety issues.
- Identify risks to the Health and Safety of our workforce, contractors and where possible to visitors and members of the public at each of our sites to prevent or otherwise minimise such risks.
- Promote and encourage the participation of all employees in the development of effective and sustainable practices, to inspire a positive Health and Safety culture.
- Establish an efficient communication and meeting structure to focus on and review our Health and Safety performance
- Provide consistent and high quality focussed training to improve awareness, competency and employee involvement.
- Work closely with elected Union Safety Representatives towards our common safety goals.
- Regularly inspect, audit and monitor our operations, putting in place corrective actions to eliminate or minimise identified risks
- Continuously monitor and review the effectiveness of our Health and Safety management systems and procedures.
- Annually, agree and publish an IML Health and Safety Improvement Plan with specific Objectives for that year.
- Regularly report on performance at appropriate levels throughout the business.
In support of these aims, the Company maintains a Health and Safety Document, which sets out practices, responsibilities, procedures and arrangements to be followed to minimise risk throughout the organisation. This Document shall apply to all operational sites within IML. It will also be regularly reviewed and updated.
The IML Board recognises that part of improving Health and Safety performance is through an efficient and effective management system. In addition, we must all be jointly committed to improving our performance, complying with this Policy Statement and improving our overall Health and Safety Culture.
UK Hydrous Kaolin Platform
UK Ceramics & Refractories
PFME & Beverley
On behalf of the lmerys Minerals Limited Board 14th June 2010.